Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Going private

OK, I have decided to go private. I thought having my blog public would be fine. I hoped maybe someone out there could relate to me or get a laugh out of my blog, but I just received a comment from an anonymous reader that made me boil over. This person decided to tell me off on my last blog. It was something along the lines of how selfish I am to want my body back and I should always put the kids first. He or she finished with telling me to stop having kids. Needless to say, I am seeing red! It is obvious to me that this person doesn't have kids or the thought wouldn't even come to mind. Yes, I realize I should be the bigger person and let it side off my back, but it hurts, I won't lie. I have enough issues as it is being a busy parent to two tiny kids, overcoming the baby blues and just managing life in general. I didn't need this to bring me down. Well, I have deleted the comment, but have decided to go private to prevent this from happening in the future. If you would like to continue reading my blog, please send me your e-mail address and I will make sure that you will be able to get on and read it. If this anonymous reader is reading right now, I want you to know that having children is very hard and all of your preconceived notions go out the window when they actually come. All the parenting advice in the world won't make you parent of the year. Yes, the children always come first, but it is important to take care of yourself in order to take care of others. If you always put yourself last, it will take a toll. As for not having more kids, I wasn't planning on it, I don't need more stress or the judgment of people like yourself looming over me. I am not perfect and I never will be, but I do have feelings and you hurt me deeply by accusing me of being a selfish parent when I feel like parenting is my life and I want to succeed at it so badly. Good luck to you when you have your own children. You will need it in the crazy world and don't feel like you are being selfish when you take a vacation away from the kids or choose to spend some money getting yourself something nice. With all the hard work you will be putting into taking care of your kids, you will have earned it!

20 Quick Thoughts:

Jennifer Dyal said...

How rude was that anonymous business! Having had a kid, I totally agree to taking care of yourself. There's nothing wrong with being excited to have your body back to yourself. When you nurse it seems like you never get anything done. Sheesh! By the way, I know everyones struggles are different, and I think you do a fabulous job in facing, tackling, and learning from yours. I may not need your blog to be public, (since you'll let me see it anyway ;)) but I do appreciate getting a chance to read it. Love ya, Rach!

Foy said...

I'm sorry someone left a rude comment. I love reading your blog! Count me in. P.s. people who are rude to others usually have their own insecurities and are probably just jealous of your gorgeous kids! =)

Sarah said...

How horrible that someone would comment like that, they obviously have no clue who you are, because you are a great Mom and those kids couldn't love you more!! I look up to you so much, and you will be one of the first people I come to when I have questions, because you have handled everything so well. Count me in on the blog. sarahesd@yahoo.com beacuse I need your advice on how to raise children and be a good mom! Love you Rach!!

Mrs. Case said...

I have heard several people over the past few weeks echo the same sentiment. I think there must be some nastiness in the air. For the exact reason I have never allowed anonymous commenting.

Furthermore, let's be real: to comment anonymously is the ultimate show of cowardice. Only a bully woul dbe so insecure as to criticize another person but not have the balls to state who they are. I had a few people leave a name, but when I went to check them out, their stuff was all locked up and it was an account they'd created simply so they could comment on blogs. Soooo lame!

And lastly, anyone who knows you knows that your children are the light of your life. I for one think you are a very loving mother, and your kids are beautiful and sweet. What other measure can we use to determine if someone is a good mom? I'd love to see you have another kid because your kids are great!

That anonymous commenter can kiss the blog world's ass!

The Burnetts said...

Are you kidding me?! If you don't have something nice to say in your comment, then keep it yourself! And, I don't blame you one bit for wanting your body back...I'm counting the days until I wean Luke. Sometimes the struggle is just not worth it for mom or baby. We love you Rach! Don't let anyone ever make you feel like you are not a great mom!

Brooke and Aaron said...

That's horrible. Good for you for standing up for yourself and your family. Your children are so wonderful! You can definitely count us in to continue reading our favorite blog! -- abbadunyon@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

going private may not solve the problem...especially if it were one of your friends who wanted to say something to you anonymously so they wouldn't hurt your feelings. Better to make it so that no anonymous comments are allowed...that way if someone has something to say, they have to be proud of it and identify themselves! Sorry it happened to you. We love you and know you're doing a great job!

Roberta said...

WOW that is hard to believe someone would go to the trouble to post a downer. Sorry. My best friend from High School reads your blog every week, every other day and loves it so much. She is amazed and am I at all you do as well as the other girls blogs I read. Truly amazing!!! You all should be writing childrens books.
Love, Roberta

Katie Schultz said...

I am pissed at that person! what a jerk. I still want to read your blog queenlou_x@yahoo.com is my email address.

Kellyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carrie Braunalicious said...

Totally, absolutely and completely a bummer. You know and everyone else knows that you are an incredible mom. You have given Brooklyn an amazing gift (despite the fact that you had a hard time with Micah) and that is what's important. You are an inspiration and a loving, caring, fun mom. So, I say to your lame, annonymus commenter, "Suck It and go somewhere else with your negativity!"

Dye Family said...

Hi Rachael! This is Krista. I love reading your blog and seeing your family since I don't get time to email all the family I would love to. My email is signer101@gmail.com because of you I am trying to start my own blog so our families can see what my kids are doing! Your an Awesome Mom!

Chelle said...

I'm bummed you deleted it, I wanted to make fun of that jerk :) I can't beleive someone left a comment like that! I know what you mean about nursing...it is such a mixed bag. I remember how much I loved forced sunggle time with Kaleb, but it can be a pain too! Add me to your list for sure, I love reading all your thoughts & goings on! sandychelles@hotmail.com

Janica said...

I'm sorry about the rude comment. If it makes you feel any better our daughters are exactly a week apart and I have decided to wean her as well. And I don't have the excuse that she is teething. She is but they haven't come in yet. I decided because I also wanted my body back and if it comes down to resenting her (not that I do) it is a bad thing for both people. I think it is your body, do what you feel the most comfortable with. I would still like to read your blog if possible. ittv208@yahoo.com

Tanya said...

If you end up going private, count me in. That is so horrible that some one did that, very unclassy...

Tanya said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Russ and Debbie said...

You go girl! :)

Russ and Debbie said...

It looks like you removed two more comments here... did the person who wrote the first one comment again???????????????????????

Brad Frandsen said...

Sorry to hear someone was so rude to you... my email is bradfrandsen@gmail.com

SUMMER said...

Yah Yah... I want to know too. Did the person leave another comment on this post? Count me in for viewing your blog. You have my email. Sorry that people are SO rude!!!