Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's started already!

I remember way back in the day when you talk about "One day when I have kids..." Well, I would always say I wanted to have a boy first so that he would protect his younger siblings and be intimidating to any boys that came around. Well I got my boy and now I have my girl. Micah didn't seem to care for her too much at the beginning, but suddenly he is starting to show me signs that he really is looking out for her. Here are some of the things he has said that just melts my heart. We were getting ready to leave and he turns to me and says, "Mommy, get Bwookwin!" I guess he didn't want me to forget. In the car he noticed she didn't have a top on and said "Bwookwin needs a shirt." It has just gotten better from there. Yesterday in the car, he said between giggles, "Mommy, she loves me." I looked back to see him laying his head in her lap as she was pulling on his hair. Today as we were leaving he said to me very seriously, "Mommy, I fink Bwookwin is my best friend." Just a minute later he says, "Bwookwin is a lil bit sweet." Oh I love this little boy of mine. Believe me, he can be the biggest pain in the butt, but he is also so sweet and loves to be loved and give it too!

P.S. Chad is trying to convince me not to go private, but rather to restrict comments. I might take that route for now. If I have another problem with negative comments, then I will go private. Who needs more negativity in their lives, right?

4 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

I second the motion. Just make it so no ann. comments can be made :) How SWEET!! What a sweet little boy you have. He is going to be a good big brother when she is in high school....so cute :)

Kristyn said...

That is the cutest post I have ever read. Ever. I love your kids. And you. I just read the below post; that anon girl sounds a little insecure in maybe her own life. One trick - I don't know if you're blog is searchable via google or whatever, but you might want to make it non-searchable (via the settings tab, I believe). My guess is that was from some random person you don't know and they were just searching for people writing about the topic so they could comment. I swear that was what was happening with prop 8 and why some people got a million no on 8-ers commenting, and other people didn't get any negative feedback.

Tanya said...

I love big brothers. Kevin is so protective of Adam, he even comes out of the room at night to say that Adam needs a drink of water, and I go in and there is adam with his sippy cup saying "ink, ink" (his word for drink) it is so darn cute

The Bradys said...

so cute... im glad he is finally used to the idea of a little sister! u were scared there for awhile :) Micah will be a great big brother! brooklyn is on lucky little girl! and as for the anonymous commenter... they need to get a life. I have had anonymous people before, not ripping on me but i still hate that people think that they have the right to comment on your life or your kids and not even know you! creepy and disrespectful.