Sunday, November 30, 2008

Twice Thankful

This year we had two Thanksgivings! The first was with my family on Thanksgiving day. There was a lot of great food and company, but we were so busy there, I forgot to take pictures! Hopefully Tanya will put some up. I know she took a few. We wish we could have stayed a while longer to enjoy everyone's company, but there was no time to waste as Chad's side of the family was coming in. We left my parents house and got to have Tory, Jon and their two cute girls stay at our house. The next morning we all went down to Laguna Niguel Regional Park to take family pictures. They are all over those things. My side hasn't taken a family picture since I was in 8th grade! Anyways, when we were done went straight for urgent care with Brooklyn, who was feeling pretty nasty. She ended up having bronciolitis. Poor baby! After the doctor, we headed right to Tawnya's house and arrived to see this:


Best idea ever! Chad's side has a lot of young kids. I think we had about ten kids between 6 months and 14 years. I think Tawnya just used that as an excuse though. We had to justify getting a big toys for the grown ups to play in!

*Tawnya vs. Scott (Seh won, but Trevor pinning Scott down might explain it)


*Cute Emma...she would get to the end and say "we're all winners!"

*Brooklyn grabbing the camera and being pretty content for being sick.

*Micah lived in the bounce house and was dripping with sweat!

*Shelby was an honorary Trotter for the day. Chad was a one of the fastest in the course. Now he is sore!


We had races galore and I even joined in on the action. Wayne decided he wanted to race me. I thought I would show this 12 year old that I was still pretty agile. The race started and I dove through the hole. Well, my arms dove, my head hit a bar and snapped my neck back. I am still sore! Yes, I lost.

*Me throwing my beaten body down the slide.

*Tory eating it down the slide. I love this picture!

*An action shot of the boys!


We had a great dinner with a ton of food and when we decided to go home, the party wasn't over. We had some of the family come by and play Rock Band and hang out. It was so fun. I think the best part was that a few unnamed relatives had had a few too many. Can we say tequila? I was told how awesome I was over and over again. It was hilarious!

Tory and Jon hung out with us another day and we went out to play at the Spectrum. Brooklyn was pooped after all that fun!

*Did you know they make you sit your baby down next to you on the ferris wheel? I was trying to keep her up right the whole time!

We will miss you all. Thanks for such a great time!

7 Quick Thoughts:

Ali said...

WOW. That looks like it should be a must have tradition from now on! I love that all the adults got in on the action too- how fun!!

Tanya said...

That looked like a blast. It was really fun to see you guys and finally get to meet Brooklyn. Kevin had so much fun with Micah it is nice to have other kids around, the oldest ones in the family always get the shaft a little because there are less kids then for instance when my 3rd comes and there will be a few more kids to choose from. I did get some pics and I should post something about that or maybe I will send them to you. I have not even seen them yet.

Unknown said...

What a fun idea!! Bounce house...I will have to suggest that to my family with the 20 some odd gandkids! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun, and WARM fun! I am so jealous

Brooke and Aaron said...

Fun!! Hope you are all recovering from everything! We just went on that Ferris Wheel for the first time, and I too thought that was so strange that the baby couldn't sit on your lap..and the buckles that lock were more work than I think they were worth. The guy in the tower had to unlock the latches three times for us as we were trying to get seated in the booth thing. Of course I want to be safe, but I thought it was strange still. Because then at the end Heidi was (loudly) clammering to get out and we had to stay stuck there until our buckles were unlocked (we must have picked the wrong booth) because no one else there had a problem.

Kristyn said...

What great celebrations! And props to the idea of having a bounce house!!

I just watched the video you posted about the economic predictions - WOW! It was literally comical how polar opposite each side was and how RIGHT ON that guy was. I loved it.

Roberta said...

Well, I have to hand it to Tawnya, she planned the whole week-end and it was perfect. Cannot believe how many grandchildren and great grandchildren I have and I loved that my kids got down and dirty on the slide. The whole day was perfect!!!!

Russ and Debbie said...

wow, that's like the coolest thanksgiving ever! I'm so jelous! Sorry to hear that you guys are sick.... I hope you feel better soon!