Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Date night


Last night Chad and I went out on a much needed date night. My sister-in-law was kind enough to watch the kids for us as we snuck away for a few hours. We ran over to get a slice of pizza and head into see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button. I have to say it was a great movie. There are so many great life lessons in there. Love, sacrifice, forgiveness, charity, and so on. It really made you take a look at life in a different light. By the end, we were both crying. I cried so hard, I had a headache afterwards. I was eager to get home to my two screaming mimis and just love on them and cherish them just the way they were at that moment in time. I highly recommend that movie to anyone. It is not necessarily a feel good movie, but if you have a heart, you will cry and probably want to call up everyone you know and love and tell them how you feel about them. It is a good reminder to appreciate your loved ones! I also loved to see my husband tear up. Sorry Chad, you are being outed. Most people don't know, but he is a pretty big softie, especially when it comes to his kids. On the ride home he talked to me about how much he loved and apprciated our kids and more tears came. I love that he is so tender hearted!

In other news, my mom is probably being wheeled into surgery as I type, that is why I am doing this right now. I need a distraction! I know she is in good hands and that this is a very common surgery, but rationality goes out the window when it is your mom. I hope everything goes great for her and that she will be able to run and play with my kids again soon!

1 Quick Thoughts:

Sarah said...

Austin is a big softy too. On our first date, we saw Testiments, and he cried like a baby...me being stone cold, hard hearted, didn't shed one tear, I'm glad he still married me!! yeah for date nights! :) BTW...where was my phone call ;)