Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Update!


I just got back from visiting my mom in the hospital. She went in for surgery at 4:30 p.m. and the spinal block wasn't working, so they had to put her under completely. From that point on, things went smoothly. The surgery lasted about two and a half hours and the doctor decided to go with steel on steel and is happy with the outcome. When I saw her she was still very dazed. She said she felt some burning on her side, but they gave her medicine to take off the edge. She seemed to be in slow motion with the way she was talking and responding. She will be just fine because she is very tough. I didn't do as well. I didn't mean to steal her thunder, but I had to ask for a place to sit because I was feeling light headed. It was overwhelming to me to see my mom like that! Hopefully when I see her again tomorrow, she will be feeling better, be a bit sharper and have less medical apparatus around her. Thanks to all of you have had her in your prayers and have called to check on her. She told me "I had so many prayers going up for me today that he (the doctor) didn't have the choice to fail." Again, thanks for the love and support. We look forward to having her up and running again like she always has!

4 Quick Thoughts:

Tanya said...

i'm so glad to hear that you mom's surgury went well. I look forward to updates on how she is recovering. She is still really young, really old people recover pretty quickly so I know she'll bounce back really fast.

Chelle said...

I'm glad it went well & is over & done with! She'll recover quickly. Kevin's Dad felt better than he did before the surgery about a week later, so hopefully she'll have similar results :):)

Carrie Braunalicious said...

Yay for good surgery outcomes! I know your mom can't wait til she can run around with your babies again.
I'd love to see you soon!

Brooke and Aaron said...

I'm glad it went well and I too hope that she's up and running again soon. Good thing she has so much support from family and friends. She'll be just fine!