Saturday, February 7, 2009

I'm so lame...

So it's Saturday and since the house is on the market, we got all of us cleaned and dressed, made the house tidy and headed out for the day before 11 am. We headed straight for the mall and planned on meandering to kill a couple hours there. We went all over the mall and stopped several places inside. Finally, we went to the food court to get lunch. We grabbed a table and then I started to head over to get a sandwich. On the way I saw a guy I recognized from high school. We smiled at each other and it looked like he was just about to say something, but then decided against it. I was glad, since I really didn't know him and wouldn't know what to say to him. So I went and ordered my food and then stepped to the side as I waited for it to be made. Then I hear behind me, "Miss, miss!" I turn around to an older lady motioning me to come toward her. I walked over and she whispered, "Your zipper is down." Ahhh! I thanked her and quickly zipped up. Oh my gosh! How long was that down? I thought of all the people throughout the mall that probably saw the lamo with her zipper down. I also realized that that dude from high school was probably about to tell me that I needed to XYZ and I totally avoided him. Oh, leave it to me to do something like that. What can I say? I have two kids and they leave the house pristine, and as much as I can try to dress myself up, I always seem to leave part of my mind behind!

8 Quick Thoughts:

Chelle said...

I hate that!!! It's so embarrasing when someone tells you about a wardrobe malfunction, but horay for the people who actually say somthing. I remember the first time I met Sis. Higham she told me I had a button un-done in the middle of my dress. I didn't know what to say to her, but was so glad she told me.

Tanya said...

I hear it gets worse the more kids you have too. I do that kind of stuff all the time, I am huge on losing my keys in my apartment door or in my car door...

Unknown said...

oh no! What a nice old lady though

Ryan and Laura said...

So funny! I hope you just took it in stride :) Thanks for the words of encouragement. It has been a really strange day with Tyler and his nap/ bed time. He was just freaking out like something was terribly wrong and he finally only took a nap in our bed?! I sure hope this isn't just terrible 2 in time for me to go nuts with a second child :) I might be needing some advice on how to get through the transition!

Mrs. Case said...

You always look gorgeous. No, really!


P.S. I meant it when I offered to babysit. I think it would be fun. My gf Karen will vouch for my mad kid skillzz so the wee ones would be safe. :)

ashley said...

i don't even think i have a mind anymore. who did you see?

Chelsea and Rusty said...

Hilarious! i button and then zip, i forget to zip all of the time! i guess i am kinda used to it by now.

Unknown said...

OH BUMMER!! So glad that lady said something though...how nice of her...but I'm sure, like everything eles you do, you totally pulled off the zipper down look! YOu are a rock star...BTW, we are thinking of selling/giving away Duke..are you or your mom interested? Let me know sarahesd@yahoo.com :)