Monday, February 9, 2009

Well, we finally did it...we got Disneyland passes! I have never owned one and I think the last time I actually went to Disneyland was back in my freshman year of high school. Chad and I have never been together and Micah really didn't get to experience much of it the one time that he went. We decided to make that part of what we spent our tax return on and I think it will be a lot of fun for all of us. Chad is going to try and take Friday and Monday off this week and we are going to hopefully be there on Friday to play! We just bought them Saturday night online and we have to wait for them to get here in the mail. At first, Chad thought that getting one for him would be a waste, but I convinced him that it would be good bonding time with the kids and that he would probably get into it too. I know about 90% of my friends have them, so let me know if you want to meet up there for an afternoon!


In other news, I have been hearing about this restaurant in Laguna Hills called Break of Dawn. My parents finally went the other day and they raved about it. Apparently the sticky buns are to die for! It is a breakfast place and the chef there used to work at the Ritz. I love breakfast food, but Chad won't eat it, so if anyone wants to join me and try it out, let me know. It is just in the plaza next to the Laguna Hills Mall.

Also, I have been working on a little project lately. I am in the nursery, which is ages 18 mo-3 yrs and I decided to make new crayons. The bin of crayons we had were gross and smelly and broken. I got the idea from etsy to upcycle them. I didn't take pictures of my own, but you can get the idea in this picture: http://flickr.com/photos/12703778@N02/2210125424/. I did mine in solids and melted them in a pan. If you want the swirly effect, then you will want to do this: http://flickr.com/photos/12703778@N02/2209331961/in/set-72157601888101906/ and put it in the oven. The mold is from Michael's and it is 10 bucks. I ended up with 12 really cute crayons and I think it will be easy for the kids (or should I say kid, since ther is only one) to use and hold. Plus I can use the molds for just about anything else I want!

Thats all for now, but I promise on the next post I will have pictures of the kids and maybe even video of Brooklyn's new trick!

5 Quick Thoughts:

The Burnetts said...

making crayons?! You're awesome! That sounds fun! And, I totally want to meet up at Disneyland, yay!

Unknown said...

Disneyland passes?!?! Oh just as I gave mine up!! bummer...but YEAH for you!! :) So fun, enjoy your time there, money well spent :)

Brooke and Aaron said...

You're such a Martha Stewart!...with your bows and crayons and everything else you do. How do you do all of that? I wish I could be in CA to meet you at Disneyland. I think that will totally be worth it and I'm glad Chad got one too. He'll go more than he thinks he will, even if it's just to meet you at the end of the day for a couple of hours. ..And then of course your date nights at Disneyland without the kiddos. Emma talks about going there every day still. It's sad for me.

Chelle said...

Yay!! I am so excited we can go to Disney!!! We usually go around 4, or earlier on Thursdays. we'll have to plan a trip. I am excited about yummy sticky buns!!! Maybe some Thursday we could get sticky buns & do Disney.......

Janice said...

we are in the nursery to... I love that idea! Yay for the disneyland passes! We love meeting kris there for a few hours after work.. he wasnt sure if we should get him one either but it had been well worth it, Great family time!