Friday, February 27, 2009

Funny boy

I had to share these stories. Ghee doesn't get to see Micah very often, but i know she gets a kick out of him and his antics, so here are the latest happenings with Micah.

So the other day we took the kids out to get Chad some new running shoes. We went into Norstrom's and after Chad had picked out the pair he wanted, Micah looked at the guy and said "Um sir, could I try a shoe?" The guy was nice and handed him the shoe Chad had just tried on. Micah held it in his hand and looked back at his shoe and then back at the shoe in his hand. Then he says, "Sir, how does this work?" The salesman is amused with Micah , so he helps him out and puts the shoe on him and ties it up tight. He then tells Micah to go around the corner to see himself in a mirror. Micah walks up to the mirror and stops a second to check himself out. "Um sir, can I get a smaller shoe?" I think he gets the "sir" thing from Spongebob. I'm not sure, but I find it hilarious!

Wednesday night I went to go see my mom after surgery and we were all sitting in the waiting room. Micah walks up to a stranger across the room and says this: "Hi sir, I am here to see my grandma. She hurt her leg like this. Uh!" He was holding his leg to show him where it hurt. I didn't even know he understood that she was hurting.

Thursday morning, after a long night with Brooklyn, I was trying to sleep in a bit with her while Micah was up watching Spongebob and eating breakfast. I heard him saying "I'm done." I thought he was trying to tell me that Spongebob was over or that he was finished with breakfast. I said "OK." I was dozing in and out and wasn't really paying attention. He still continued to say "I'm done!" Now he was getting louder. What was the deal? Finally, I get up and said "Micah what do you want?" Just then, I realized that this whole time he was sitting on the potty. He had gone number two and was probably sitting there for a good half hour telling me he was done. I have to say, he was pretty patient with me. Poor kid, talk about leaving a ring around his booty!

By the way, my mom was finally able to get up and walk today. They tried to do it three times yesterday and she kept blacking out, but today she was up and walking around the nurses station. I don't know how much longer she will be in the hospital, but we hope she will be home soon!

0 Quick Thoughts: