Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just been sick

Sorry, no posts lately. I caught the flu pretty bad. We went to Disneyland on Wednesday and when I got home I was pooped. I thought I was just in really bad shape. I was thinking "man I can't believe my muscles are sore from walking around Disneyland...that's pretty sad!" Little did I know, it was the flu that hit me. I fell asleep with the kids at 8:30 and woke up in the middle of the night with one side of my face feeling pressure, tearing and stuffed up. The next day I was achy and freezing. I only got up long enough to make a bottle. The house was mess, but lucky for me, Chad had requested Friday and Monday off. He got to be a single dad yesterday. He was a trooper. He even went out and got me soup and OJ. Today, I am still not feeling well, so I have to skip all the events I was supposed to go to, shew away realtors that want to show the house and find a substitute for nursery. Hopefully, I will be well by Monday so that we can enjoy at least one day of Chad's vacation!


In other news, Micah has peed his bed THREE times in 24 hours! Yesterday morning, yesterday afternoon and this morning. I am getting frustrated. He has been potty trained and sleeping through the night dry for a long time and now he is reverting. Well, I am glad I dragged my sick butt out of bed long enough to buy him a new waterproof mattress cover. It was put to the test! I think he is doing it for attention because when Chad gets up and starts to lecture him (I know, what is the point of lecturing a three year old, right?) he just giggles through it. I told Chad not to waste his time. Instead, I had him make sure that Micah didn't get any Spongebob this morning. I think that did the trick. You would not believe the meltdown! We are also going to be putting on Pull-ups at night because no one should have to do this much laundry. Well, I should get the house up and moving. Chad gets to take Micah to gymnastics this morning because I am too sick. I think it will be fun for them both!

4 Quick Thoughts:

SUMMER said...

MAN! There are some bad things going around right now. I hope you feel better soon Rach!!!

The Burnetts said...

hope you are on the mend! we are all just coming down with it today...bummer! lets do disneyland in a couple weeks when we're all better!

ashley said...

hope your feeling better soon! taking care of kids while being sick sucks.

and velz has been doing the same thing with wetting the bed- gotta love pull ups. sucks to buy em, but it's better than all the laundry- i for one am out of quarters!

Becky and Ben said...

I am so sorry you are sick. I haven't gotten really sick all winter. I think it comes from exercising for me. I'm convinced it kills the bacteria/virus becuase of all the body heat from exercising. hehe Anyway, I feel so bad Micah pees the bed. Brad has never, ever peed the bed. He has daytime accidents occasionally. Even then, it's been at least a week since the last one (which usually happen at daycare). Although, I have taken many precautions in case he does pee the bed. I got a waterproof mattress cover and a water proof pad that goes under where he lays. That way, hopefully it doesn't even go to the mattress pad. Well good luck to you and your potty training battles.